Don't Forget To Bookmark And Check Back For Updates!  (Click Photos To Enlarge)

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

8 Weeks Till The Fight...

So today was the last workout before I hit the 8 week point. Tomorrow will be exactly 8 weeks untill fight night. Hitting the 8 week point isn't really changing how I have been training, but I had a goal. My goal was to be in good shape by the 8 week mark, so that I will be on track to be in the best shape of my career by December 10th. Well, I had a great day today that ended with a solid 4 mile run in great time. I would say I accomplished my goal. I plan to really focus on my technique over the next 8 weeks and spend a lot of time at the gym. I want to be vastly improved, even since the Davis fight. Jonathan Goulet is a well rounded fighter and I want to make sure I can cover him in every area of the fight and dominate there. I guess I can't get any more detailed about what I am technically working on but its not Wing Chung! Though I did do a little Drunken Monkey the weekend before last, but that was just therapy for a hard week of training! Sometimes a session of drunken monkey brings on a very long, well needed night of rest, and it did! Now, I am through with drunken monkey! Well at least until after the fight!

I am still excited about Koscheck getting the Thiago fight! I am booked and ready to go! Bringing Mary, my friend David, and even the parents to this one. Can't wait!