Don't Forget To Bookmark And Check Back For Updates!  (Click Photos To Enlarge)

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Post Fight Thoughts...


As I sit here on my laptop in my hotel in Raleigh, I am still in shock of the experience that I had last night. It was amazing fighting in front of 10,000 service men and women in support of such a great cause as the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund. 

I have always been a huge fan and supporter of our military and last night I got to take part in a huge campaign of support. If the numbers are correct, the show raised over $4,000,000 for The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund!

The fight obviously went the way I wanted. So I am very happy about that! Its always a great feeling when you pour your heart and soul into a training camp and it pays off. I trained so hard for the last 3 months and worked on so many things to improve my boxing and speed.

I definitely gotta thank my team, AKA, I couldn't have done it without them! Wheetsie, my boxing coach, has spent countless hours with me since the Davis fight working on my boxing and speed. Javier Mendez has also logged the hours holding mitts for me. Dave Camarillo has been amazing with the progression of my ground game and Bob Cook is just the best overall cornerman/advice coach out there. My coaches and teammates at AKA are the best in the business!

I also want to send a shout-out to the best wrap and cutman in the business, "Stich"! I only trust my hands to you man!  

So right now, its 8am here in Raleigh and I am still awake as usual post-fight. At noon, Koscheck and I will be heading back to Fort Bragg to meet with the Special Forces soldiers for a special (Non-UFC)appearance where we will do a signing and give away some gifts. We will also be meeting up with the Golden Knights to setup a skydive with their team. We will film the days festivities so be sure and check out my YouTube page in a couple days to see the videos! We will also post the behind-the-scenes video of this fight as soon as we can... YouTube.com/Officialswick

Friday I head back to San Jose but will be leaving for Thailand sometime in the next 10 days for some R&R and training. I will be posting videos and blogs from Thailand so be sure and check back here and the YouTube page!

Thanks for all of your support!