Don't Forget To Bookmark And Check Back For Updates!  (Click Photos To Enlarge)

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Abu Dhabi Blog Day 1 And 2...

Finally in Abu Dhabi and its amazing! This is the first chance I have had to blog since our schedule has been so chaotic. I will fill you in below with pics and recaps to keep you guys updated...

This is the first thing I saw arriving in Abu Dhabi...


The first night I grabbed a taxi and set out to explore the city. It was dark and I couldn't see much but did find some cool cultural hangouts. I should have taken more pictures but figured I had plenty of time still...


The next morning bright and early I met up with Big Nog and Ross Pearson and we went to the USO Dubai base. After going through security we met up with the Navy and did a seminar and Q&A in their shipping warehouse. Immediately following that, they took us on an armed patrol boat and actually let us drive it. Considering these were terrorist ridden waters, it was a very unique and exciting experience. The boats were armed with 50 cal machine guns and automatic grenade launchers.






After leaving USO Dubai, we stopped by Subway then shipped off to Minad Airbase where we met with many different airmen groups including the Aussie, Canadian and British. We did seminars and Q&A for them all...




We ended the night hanging out with the British troops where they were partying like its 1999! Pool, Ping Pong, Darts and even a live DJ! They even let me show my skills on the turn table. Big Nog was groovin! At the end of the night, the British Base Commander stopped by to say hi and get autographs for his twin daughters...